Background

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Christmas Tulle Wreath

I know, I know. I just did a tulle wreath...where is the quilting stuff?? I'm sorry to disappoint, but right now I am on a tulle kick. In fact, it is getting close to an addiction. If you have ever created a tulle wreath you know that the calmness it can provide by wrapping little pieces of fabric around foam...well...there's nothing like it. Sometimes I find that wrapping a piece of that beloved fabric almost takes me to a state of Nirvana. Sorry about these comments...I am not as completely freaky as I am coming off to be right now. However, I think a completely normal person would find tulle wreaths to be very fun and an entertaining past time. Ok, so here is my first tulle christmas wreath. Yes, you read me right. There is currently one more christmas tulle wreath in the making.
So, overall, I am pretty happy with my color choices. Except I kinda feel the little .49 cent gingerbread house sits lonely on the wreath. It may look better if it was sitting in a round of tulle and then glued onto the wreath. What do you think? I do love the color choice. I believe they hid the green foam wreath beautifully, which makes me happy because I didn't have to paint the foam or round it with ribbon before starting the tulle wrapping process.
Also, another great idea, which came from my mother, was to use the left over tulle material and braid it. Then pin the ends of the braid to the back of the wreath, making for a very convenient hanger.
Material needed:
3 rolls of tulle (6 in. wide, 25 feet long...you'll have a little extra for future tulle projects)
1 16 in. foam wreath
1 wooden embellishment or anything of your choosing
Glue (I just used plain Elmer's glue to glue my gingerbread house and it seems to be sticking)
Straight pins (pin the back of the braided tulle to the wreath)

No comments:

Post a Comment