Background

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Tulle Wreath

I decided to make my sisters some tulle wreaths (just a fun little gift to tell them I loved them). There are so many different ways to create them. If you go on pinterest, or etsy you'll see the variety. However, I decided to do mine the traditional way. I chose the colors teal, black and white to go with the the color scheme of my sister's room and included a hanging letter initial in the middle. Of course, you could attach the letter to the wreath itself using some hot glue. 
I used about 16in. long strands of each color to wrap around a 14in. foam wreath. If you use lighter color tulle you will need to paint the foam the corresponding color of the tulle (lighter color tulle will reflect the the color of the foam you wrap the fabric around). I chose a four inch wooden letter and painted it with teal craft paint. I also chose to use some black and silver bling embellishments over my wooden letter. Who doesn't love some sparkle?? I screwed in a metal eye hook to the top of the letter and hung the letter from leftover tulle fabric, tying it to the top of the wreath. 

What you will need:
A wooden letter 4 in. (they are super cheap, like only two dollars a piece)
Some craft paint
3 rolls of tulle (25 ft. and 6 in. wide.) 
14 in. foam wreath
Eye hook

I would highly suggest buying the tulle from Fabric.com. They have rolls for around three dollars and the rolls are a life saver. Trying to cut tulle is the hardest part and since the roles are 6 inches wide you only have to cut length ways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment