Background

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Another Christmas Tulle Wreath--Snowflake Edition

OK this is my last tulle wreath--for awhile, anyway. I just had to make this one after being inspired by a similar wreath I saw on pinterest, and, luckily enough, I think the lady who makes a snowflake inspired tulle wreath has an etsy site you can buy one from (just in case you don't want to create your own right now). So here's how it came out looking...

I feel that the tulle colors I chose were a great blend of light blue and white to represent the snowy, snowflake theme I was going for. However, I forgot, oops, to paint the green foam wreath before tying the tulle onto the foam. Therefore, there are bits of green around the edges that make me upset, but not upset enough to start all over again. :o) I used regular craft glue to stick the snowflakes onto the wreath, but I feel fabric glue would have been much better since they didn't stick as well as I would have liked.
I also feel that it would have been better to have bought double the amount of snowflakes and made a more layered look. It looks, to me, a little empty around the edges. I also used some left over tulle to braid and pin to the top of the wreath to create an easy hanger.

I thought about blending the white and blue tulle for the braid, but since the blue and white were so close in color I just left it a single color (It wouldn't have much contrast between colors, in other words). Overall, a fun and cheap project.

Items needed:
Four rolls of tulle (two light blue and two white, 6 in. wide and 25 feet long. I cut my tulle at 14 in. a piece. For a fluffier wreath add a few inches).
Two packages of snowflake ornaments (found mine at Michael's for 2.99 a package)
16 in. foam wreath
Craft glue
Four straight pins (to hold the braided hanger in place)

No comments:

Post a Comment