Background

Monday, January 7, 2013

Doorknob Wreath!

Today's project is a mini version of a tulle wreath. I promise, maybe, that this is the last tulle wreath. I just can't help myself...I love the tulle!


I'm not sure what made me want to make a doorknob wreath--other than I love everything in miniature and thought that would be the same with a wreath (I was right)! The biggest problem was figuring out how to make the frame for the wreath. There are not too many options when looking for a tiny circular shape that is also tubular. I chose pipe cleaner. What I did was wrap four pieces of pipe cleaner together (although eight probably would have been better). 


Wrapping the tulle around the pipe cleaner I noticed two problems. First, tulle loves to cling to spiky pipe cleaner so next time I will use the softer kind. Secondly, make sure your pipe cleaner matches the color of your tulle. When I finished with my project it looked more like a Barbie tutu than a wreath. Therefore, I glued some tiny rhinestone embellishments and foam hearts onto it. I tied ribbon to the back strands of some tulle to help hang this little guy/girl.


For this project you will need the following:
4-8 pipe cleaners (twist them together and make a circle connecting/folding the two sides together)
Half a roll of Tulle (mine was 25 ft long. and 6 in. wide. I cut them into 5 by 6 in. pieces)
Embellishments (rhinestone, hearts, etc.)
Ribbon (about 12 inches)
Glue

No comments:

Post a Comment