Background

Monday, July 1, 2013

Glass Magnets

I've seen the glass bead magnet tutorials on many websites, but they tend to be tutorials on making alphabet glass magnets. Since I have no need for alphabet magnets, I thought I would try something a little different.

What you will need: 
craft glue (one that dries clear)
paper (the thinner the easier to cut)
clear finger nail polish
some nail decals (or any small sticker will do just fine!)
glass marbles
craft razor
small magnets (glue to the back of your finished marbles--you can get them at Michael's)


1. I start with coating the back of each marble with some clear nail polish. Any top coat will do. I used one with glitter and I applied two coats. Let the marbles dry before the next step.


2. Choose some decals that you want to put behind your glass marble. I used nail decals. They were small and cheap!


3. Place the decals directly on some scrap paper. Then put the marbles on top of the decals with a thin layer of clear drying glue. Let the marbles dry for an hour, or two. 


4. Once it is completely dry you can use a sharp craft razor to cut around the edges of the paper. This is why I say using cheap, thin paper is best. I used a hard surface under my razor so that it wouldn't scrape my table. A piece of cardboard would be good.


5. After they are cut out you can apply the magnets with a small drop of glue! And that's all there is to it!!









No comments:

Post a Comment