Background

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

DIY Car Fragrance

I wanted to try something a little different for this post and thought what could I pick that most people could enjoy. Well, most people have cars...so maybe I'll do a post on homemade car fragrances. 

What will you need: glue, pen, cut-out stencil, scissors, oil fragrance (I used yankee candle vanilla), felt and ribbon. 


Step 1: trace your cut-out paper stencil (any image you print from a google image, etc. this is up to you) on the felt.


Step 2: Cut out three felt shapes.


Step 3: Take one of your cut-outs and heavily douse it with your fragrance oil.


Step 4. Put glue on two of your felt cut-outs. You will put the oil doused cut-out in the middle. Then just squish the top and bottom of your cut-outs to each other. It's like a sandwich with the smelly cut-out in the middle.


Step 5: After the glue has dried, take your scissor and make a small incision for your ribbon. (I used a sharp end of a pin to push my ribbon through)


Step 6: Put it in your car!!!

My word of warning is to wear gloves when working with the fragrance oil. It can burn the skin, etc. So protect yourself!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment