Background

Friday, May 26, 2017

Bubbles!!

Oh my gosh, it has been a million years (four to be exact) since I posted anything to this blog.
To be quite honest--I forgot all about this blog (obviously).

Well, moving on, I thought I would do a quick share. Yesterday I was watching the kids having fun in their yards and really wishing for those youthful days when summer just started and I had nothing to do. Then I thought...why not be a child for a few hours. Sooooo...I thought about my favorite activity during the summer: SWIMMING! Then I thought, yeah, I don't own a pool... :(
Then I thought of my second favorite activity: blowing bubbles!!

Sadly, there was no bubble to be found.
However, that didn't stop me. After some research--I made my own individualized bubble fun.


Materials:
Mason Jar
Accessories (I used pink puffy paint, buttons, and stickers--this is really where your creativity can shine, though)
Pipe Cleaner
Ribbon
Water
Dawn Dish Soap
Corn Syrup

Directions:
1. Decorate your jar as you see fit. I let mine dry about an hour.
2. Put 2 cups of water, 1/2-2/3 cup Dawn (I estimated here), 1/4 cup of corn syrup. Shake it all up in the mason jar (with the lid closed, of course).
3. Create a wand using your pie cleaner. You just need to created a loop and connect it to the longer line of the pipe cleaner. You can add a bow--if desired.
4. Have fun with your bubbles!!

No comments:

Post a Comment