Background

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Party Ideas

This past July my grandfather turned the BIG 90! To celebrate I decided to theme his birthday around his favorite holiday, the Fourth of July, and one of his favorite sport's teams: the Texas Rangers. So, the colors red, white and blue were a given. I used pinterest a lot to help me out with this venture. The first idea I had was to make candy cones filled with my granddad's favorite sugary snack--candied pecans.  I am including the links to both project below. My sister's actually helped me make the cones and cut me out some 90's stars from a Cricut cartridge. 

Here is one way to make candy cones:

Here is the recipe for the candied pecans:


For the lollypop bouquet I had to go it alone. I saw pictures of it on pinterest, but never found directions. So what I did was buy some cheap clay pots at Michael's and painted them. Then I took a round foam ball from the floral section of Michael's and cut it in half. I glued the semi-round circle into the pot. Once dried I just stuck some dum-dums in there and filled it up. I made sure to start at the top. I decorated with more of my sisters' cut-outs to keep with the theme.


I finished off this decoration idea with a candy table. You can't see it but I made pretzel candy bites and cake balls.
Here is the the recipe I used for the Cake Balls:
Basic Cake Balls

Here is the recipe I used for the pretzel bites:
pretzel buttons


No comments:

Post a Comment